Saturday, January 21, 2012

Blogging with Myself....

Hello

It's 10pm on Saturday night (although by the time I'm done writing this it will probably be Sunday) and as I sit here elevating my recently repaired knee and listening to my daughter hacking up a lung in the other room - I begin to ponder about the success (or failure) of my stupendous blog (you thought I'd say something more meaningful here like "As I ponder the meaning of life" - sorry no such luck) and why no one comments on it. Do people actually read the words of wisdom I share when inspired or am I really just blogging with myself?!

Now I'm sure you're sitting there reading this (wishful thinking) and saying, "What is wrong with that woman - of course I read and adore every word that she writes, like it's gospel. How rude!" Well then, if that's true, the question that begs to be asked is "Why don't you respond?" I'm not asking for much - perhaps a "Way to Go" or "That really wasn't your best work." I'm not too picky, I just want signs of life and that someone/anyone is paying attention.

Of course, I'm willing to give my loyal followers the benefit of the doubt - perhaps you're new to blogging and thought, why would I ever comment on her masterpiece - it's about her, not me and I don't want to steal the spotlight with my pithy and intelligent response. OK - I can respect that, but seriously, at the end of the day, I really just want to connect and share with everyone. Bottom line people - I need INTERACTION. Yup, I said it - INTERACTION.

Am I being selfish? Maybe. Should I just be thankful that anyone even glances at my blog (if they really do) Perhaps. But sadly, it's not enough. I want to hear from you - ALL OF YOU.  That's right - don't just read my blog - talk to me. While my wisdom and insight is of course superb, I want to hear from my loyal readers, friends and fans. What's on your mind today? Did you like my blog? Was it the worst thing you've ever seen or perhaps, fingers crossed, the most entertaining (a gals gotta dream.)

OK- now if you're reading this thinking- boy she's really not very nice (or potentially crazy- which I may be), I apologize. I'm a little needy these days with my knee the size of a grapefruit and my driving privileges suspended for the foreseeable future but sometimes a gal just needs to rant and get it all out in the open (opportunity for comments here).

Moving on .... that's all I got for this episode of Crazy Woman on the Edge...please tune in next time for our regularly scheduled program (um, I mean blog) where I actually write something that people might want to read/comment on.

Muchas Gracias- Adios- Bienvenue- Shalom and till next time.......I bid you adieu.

3 comments:

  1. i'm still trying to figure out the reason of why i don't respond to your blog...

    when i read other blogs and i see responses like- yeah, me too, i had an awful day today, chin up!- i feel like those are comments that just take up space; not insightful or helpful. so i may refrain to be sure i don't end up writing like the person who isn't helpful.

    for your blog specifically, i enjoy reading it because you are my dear friend and i care about what you have to say. i will make an effort to be more engaging in the future. ok?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's all I can ask for - and I agree. I don't want banal interaction but to really hear what people think when and if they have something to say. Perhaps I need to find more engaging content. :-)

    Thanks for being my friend and INTERACTING with me!!! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE your blog, A!!! I'm sorry I have not responded to it. You know I barely respond to my e-mail :) This technology thing is new for me... I'm not real good at it. I do LOVE the telephone, though. I'm hoping you are feeling much better each day... maybe one day we can do a 10K!! xoxox Deborah

      Delete